Kanye West Makes Fool of Himself at MTV Video Music Awards


What can be worse than award show that gives awards for videos with no real standard of merits? Making a fool of yourself on a show that gives those awards. That is what Kanye West did Sunday September 13th 2009. It's a day and night he should long remember, consider it the day his career started to take downward spiral.

Although he may blame it (He say's he had a "little sippy sippy") on being drunk from drinking of all things 'cognac', Kanye's true colors of blasting anything he doesn't like (let alone agree with) shown themselves for the umpteenth time. What could Kanye West possible do to offend anyone? He ran on stage during Taylor Swift's acceptance speech for Best Female Video (You Belong With Me) took the microphone from her and began to insult her by way of announcing in his street talk "Yo Taylor. I'm really happy for you, I'm going to let you finish but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time!"

Taylor stood there mortified and unable to finish her acceptance speech. West in his drunken state didn't seem to care as he drew boos. He shrugged and walked his hip-hop walk off stage. Once seated he flipped the audience the bird.

With the damage done, no one seemed to notice or care that West was ejected from the show by security. How did Kanye react to that? He said he was going to have another "sippy sippy" before the night was done.

Luckily later in the show when Beyonce won her own award for Best Video of the Year (Put a Ring On It) she showed exceptional class calling Taylor to the stage offering her time to finish what earlier she could not. But despite that, Taylor Swift's emotions got the best of her. Both her and her mother were seen back stage crying from the experience.

The reaction last night was heavy. Pink was so outraged that she had to be restrained by security from West before he was asked to leave.

The reaction on the morning after is swift. In this blogging age of celebrities West has issued a lame apology that proves he still doesn't get it, "I'm in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment. Beyonce's video was the best of the decade ..." Kanye's continued ranting over Beyonce in the midst of a lame apology seems to take away from any excuse he could have used that he was drunk.

With or without Kanye's apology he has been greeted by bloggers everywhere with heavy handed backlash. Kelly Clarkson a fellow celebrity has even issued a statement on her own blog condemning West while offering a consoling praise to Taylor Swift:

Dear Kanye,

What happened to you as a child?? Did you not get hugged enough?? Something must have happened to make you this way and I think we’re all just curious as to what would make a grown man go on national television and make a talented artist, let alone teenager, feel like shit. I mean, I’ve seen you do some pretty shitty things, but you just keep amazing me with your tactless, asshole ways. It’s absolutely fascinating how much I don’t like you. I like everyone. I even like my asshole ex that cheated on me over you…which is pretty odd since I don’t even personally know you. The best part of this evening is that you weren’t even up for THIS award and yet you still have a problem with the outcome. Is winning a moon man that much of a life goal?? You can have mine if it will shut you up. Is it that important, really??

I was actually nominated in the same category that Taylor won and I was excited for her…so why can’t you be?? I’m not even mad at you for being an asshole…I just pity you because you’re a sad human being.

On a side note, Beyonce has always been a class act and proved again tonight that she still is. Go TEXAS!!

Taylor Swift, you outsell him ….that’s why he’s bitter. You know I love your work! Keep it up girl!

KC
The celebrity backlash continues:
Jordan Sparks: "Um I heard what ye did to my girl Taylorswift13. What happened t2 being happy 4 other people? Congrats Taylor! You deserve it and we love you!"
Kat Dennings: "I'm throwing away my Kanye Glasses. They were eight bucks, no skin off my apple."
Dane Cook: "Kanye did something incredible tonight. He made me like country music. Kanye is now a Kanyunt"
Mike Kennerty (All American Rejects): "Kanye West is a f---ing a---hole"
Katy Perry: "F--- you Kanye. It's like you stepped on a kitten."
Pink: "Kanye West is the biggist piece of s--- on earth. Quote me. My heart goes out to Taylor Swift. She is Sweet and talented girl and deserved her moment. She should know we all love her."
The list goes on and on. From Kellyr Rowland, Dallas Austin Joel Madden, Heidi Montag and more. There is a lot of piling on Kanye and a lot of support being shown to Taylor.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...