Holidays 2010: All Wrapped Up


When we went shopping for Christmas ornaments the year we got married I fell in love with the idea of light green ornaments for the tree (a kind of pistachio-mint hybrid). I could find no "collection" featuring this hue so I set about collecting green and gold ornaments from here and there. This year--four years on--Debbie Travis created a Pistachio Tree for Canadian Tire, just when I've moved on! I'm not abandoning my old ornaments, which I still love, but I decided to add some teal blue for more of a peacock combo.


A lot of my original ornaments already had a feather theme like the one above (sorry, I know these aren't the best pics, but it's enough to get the idea) and others that I love like a green glass ball with white feathers inside. Including peacock feathers was a logical progression. So now our tree has not only green and gold but also blue and peacock feathers. Which were the colours that I was looking for when it came to wrapping.


I think I've already mentioned that I'm pretty anal when it comes to matching wrapping to my tree. Just like when I first fell in love with my ornaments finding the right shades of wrapping is never easy. I guess my colours just aren't that traditional. This year I searched high and low and kept coming up empty. I wanted a paper that would combine the green and gold and also just some plain gold with no design. Easier said than done but--finally!--I found some great options.


I'm not sure if you can tell but this alligator-print wrapping paper is the perfect mix of green with gold. I was over the moon when I found it at Homesense. The paper is also thick and beautiful and easy to wrap. Add to it some plain, shiny gold wrapping I found at Michaels and I was good to go.


While at Michaels I also picked up some teal ribbon and came across this gold peacock-print ribbon that I just couldn't pass up considering my tree theme.


Instead of using traditional name tags I decided to do something a little different this year.
 

I picked up some sparkly scrapbooking letters in, yes, green and blue that I used to write out the name of gift recipients and monogram the presents.

So happy I'm now done my wrapping!



VoilĂ ! The finished product.


How are you coming along with your holiday preparations?
Any weekend plans?
Don't forget to enter the Pixelimpress giveaway if you haven't yet!







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...