Our Wedding: Part One

So today is officially our third year anniversary! How time has flown by. It's funny because I'm a big planner, but marriage was nothing like I thought or expected. In so many ways its amazingly better and on the other hand some of the issues we had were things I would have never anticipated. Just goes to show you that life has its own plans and sometimes you just have to let go and live it (or at least I need to learn to). I've also had the bad habit of waiting for the other shoe to drop. When something good is happening I always wonder when the bad will come. It was a constant thing for me and I'm trying not to do that anymore, not to anticipate problems where there are none and just enjoy what I have. Three years in, all I do know is that I'm a very lucky girl to have been as blessed as I have been so far.

{via}

Somehow I won the marriage lottery (as it applies to me, of course, we all have our own ideas of the ideal mate): a guy who always makes me coffee just the way I like it, watches stupid TV shows with me and never complains, who doles out massages and never asks for one in return, someone who believes in me more than I do and who every day tries to make me see myself through his eyes. And while I may not deserve it, all I know is that I am incredibly grateful for all I have and what we've managed to build together. So enough of the mushy stuff and on with the photos, all of which were taken by our great photographers Mango Studios.



I decided to wear my hair up because I feared what would happen to my curls in the heat and I didn't want to be fussing with it all day, which I knew I would be. Having it up was the perfect choice for me!

My Earrings - Something Borrowed

My Shoes - super comfy, which was my main concern 

 
My Bouquet

My Grandmother's Rosary - Something Old

Back of My Dress

Bridesmaids Dresses (they chose the dress, I chose the colour)

Three Generations (me, my mom, one of my grandmothers and my sister)

Adorable Flower Girl (our niece--she was not impressed by the cameras)

Some of the girls in the hallway of my parents' house

A Flower Arrangement

Cigars and a few bottles...

The Breakfast of Champions

M showed up at the church a leetle bit *happy*

M's grandfather looking stylin'


Hopefully I haven't bored you silly - more tomorrow!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...