Book of the Week: I Heart Paris


I Heart Paris is the third in a series of books by Lindsey Kelk (I reviewed the second, I Heart Hollywood, here) about Brit ex-pat Angela Clark, a freelancer in New York who writes a blog for the fictional Look magazine. Angela's life seems to be going rather swimmingly after the hijinks that took place in California and in the same week she's asked by her musician boyfriend to go to Paris and picked by Belle magazine (think Vogue) to write a story for them. What more could a girl ask for?


Well, if that girl is Angela Clark, then quite a bit more. Just as Angela touches down in Paris things start to go wrong. There is scheming, lying and backstabbing--and that's just the work stuff. Add to that boyfriend Alex's gorgeous Parisian ex-girlfriend and you have a real recipe for trouble.

I enjoy Lindsey Kelk's books because the author is entertaining and truly funny and I Heart Paris was no different. Some of the passages had been literally laughing out loud (to wit: "Solène might be hotter than me, cooler than me, and have all sorts of sexy French history with my Alex, but I reckoned I could definitely take her in a fight. She was a twig. I was at least a substantial branch. If not an out and out trunk.") Angela Clark is also a pretty lovable, albeit completely klutzy, heroine and her boyfriend is Alex is a pretty great romantic lead as chick lit goes. If you like funny, breezy and entertaining then definitely check out the I Heart series.

Browse Inside
Preorder
Lindsey's Blog

Stay tuned for my interview with author Lindsey Kelk coming soon!






Thank you to HarperCollinsCanada for the review copy.
 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...