Gossip Girl 'Witches of Bushwick' Episode and Fashion Recap



Blair and Chuck: Saints and Sinners

So Chuck and Blair admit that they love each other, that they're meant to be and yet...still not together. Someone hates me. I know that this is the way it has to be on a dramatic show, but that scene of them outside the party hurt my heart. At least they dropped the pretense and were honest with one another (when Chuck admitted he meant it with his whole heart when he said those three little, one-syllable words I squealed). That was more than I could have hoped for. In some ways I understand why Blair would want to fly solo while establishing herself as a powerful, independent woman ("Secretary of State Hillary...with better hair"), but this big problem keeping them apart seems more than a bit contrived. The whole bit with the foundation and Nate's mom? Really? I guess this is to show us that Blair's fear of being outed by Jenny was indeed justified--that is why people are judging her for "standing by her man," right?

Also, can I just say that Blair stripping down to her skivvies to go find Chuck--and Darota dutifully handing over coat and bag--was a great moment.

Serena's Sequined Sweater Dress by Stella McCartney
Blazer by Jay Ahr, Tote by Analeena
Cut-Out Booties by Lanvin, Fall 2010

I guess I'm supposed to feel bad for Serena, but I couldn't really muster up any sympathy last night. Sure this time she's been set up, falsely accused, etc. but it all seems like Serena's past transgressions coming home to roost. It also seems pretty clear that Serena had a relationship with teacher Ben and that's why Juliet's brother is now in the slammer. I wonder why the intense hate-on for Serena, though?
I guess she hung him out to dry to save her own skin?

Blair's Black and White Lace
Print Dress by Bensoni.
Necklace by Swarovski,
Bandeau Bra and Brief Set by Marni.

How long do we think Nate and Dan pretending Serena doesn't exist will last? Yeah, I don't buy it either. I did like that exchange in the loft, when Vanessa brought them back together, and they were trying not to admit they missed each other. Dan's all like, "Well, it's not like I'm calling out your name in the middle of the night" and Nate's all like, "Yeah, it's not like I'm writing out 'Mrs. Dan Humphrey' in my notebook." Bwah! C'mon guys, you're not fooling anybody.

Blair in a Red Natori Slipdress/Chemise with Black
Lace. Jewelled Python Clutch by Carlos Falchi.

As for the scheming by the Unholy Alliance from Brooklyn? All I can say is: Well played. This Triumvirate of Serena-Hating Evil pulled out a big win, although I have no idea what Juliet plans to do with a drugged out Serena. Also, I'm trying not to think about the logical aspects of their plan (like how they managed to spot Serena's dress on Gossip Girl, run down to Carolina Herrera to buy two for themselves and still beat Serena to the party--and while there have no one notice there were three blondes running around in the same dress) and just go with it. I still have nothing but animosity for Little J, but it was great to hear her say,
 "This isn't exactly my first Masquerade."

Serena's blue Carolina Herrera dress has been seen around the blogsphere for awhile. It was even worn by Ivanka Trump to a recent charity event. Hyacinth Blue Ring and Glamour Blue Bracelet by Swarovski, Jewelled Pearlized Python Clutch by Carlos Falchi.

How great was it to have Blair and Chuck getting simultaneous pedicures? In robes! I also thought Lily was pretty fierce while talking to the Dean, even if her faith in Serena got shaken eventually. And that bit where Blair tells Serena she has to find her calm, happy place, which Blair apparently finds by watching Dorota feed ducks in the park? Classic! Also, I have much love for Eric and Elliott and their Venn diagram, they're sweet.


What did you think of this episode?
Favourite outfit?




Photos Courtesy of CW.com
Runway Photo via style.com




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...