Gossip Girl 'Gaslit' Episode and Fashion Recap



"What do you say we find that bitch and get us a little Frontier justice?"

So long Jenny Humphrey, good riddance to bad rubb--well, you know the rest, and in the case of Little J it really fits. I mean, I know I should be happy that Jenny 'fessed all to Blair, but really the whole deal just makes me hate her more. I can't stand either Juliet or Vanessa but why sell them out? Hopefully we've seen the last of Taylor Momsen's goth moping for a looong while. And, while I don't dare hope for too much, it looks like Vanessa is also headed out of town. I think it's time Vanessa realizes that these UES peeps are just not for her. Why she still chases after Dan when he pretty much treats her like goo you'd find under your shoe is beyond me. She should have seriously decked him at the market.


I thought this episode was pretty great overall. Sure we were treated to our annual Serena trip to the hospital, but I have to say Juliet's plan was pretty ingenious even if Jenny did ultimately torpedo it as only a Humphrey can. What I found hard to swallow is how outraged Ben acted. Like, ruining all of Serena's relationships, her reputation and her academic future are all okay, but what Juliet did was just stepping over the line. Really?! I guess Ben's just another in a long line of men who never really got over Serena. Sorry Juliet. Nate, however, looks like he may finally be cured of his Serena-induced mania. Thank goodness for small mercies. Can't say I care for the storyline with his dad, though.

"Just because we can't be friends doesn't mean we aren't."
~Blair's Note to Chuck

Chuck and Blair break my heart. Can they just stop this pretending and be together? No? Well, I guess we need to settle for pie instead. And as much as I want to poke Dan's eyes out with a stick I am totally psyched for a Juliet takedown. Maybe teaming up with Blair will make Dan slightly bearable, like in some of his cute scenes with Nate (that one where they were discussing Nate's parents' divorce, however, was not one of those scenes.) Blair is totally legit awesome. Loves. Can't wait for the next one!


And the Gossip Girl Episode 4.10 Fashion Breakdown...



Blair's perfect-for-Thanksgiving
orange plaid dress (above) -
Necklace - Anne Taylor
Yellow Bag - Louis Vuitton Alma

Jenny's Plaid Coat - Zero + Maria Cornejo Fall 2009 

Tania Spinelli Over the Knee Tab Boots





Juliet's cowl neck, cut out black jersey
Shoes - Louboutin






Ring - RichRocks



Update: Serena's cardigan was the Elizabeth Charles VPL Convultion Cardigan, while the blouse she wore was a Maggie Ward Cowl Neck Printed Silk Top in Olive

What did you think of the episode?
Favourite look?



Photos courtesy of The CW
Runway photo courtesy of style.com






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...