Getaways Guest Blog Series: Sarah from Fairy Tales are True



Today I'm happy to introduce Sarah from Fairy Tales Are True, who is not only totally sweet, but a perfect person to participate in the Getaways Guest Blog Series here at Sogni e Sorrisi. Sarah has been travelling around quite a bit since getting hitched--check out her blog for more details on that and her Etsy shop for great travel photos--so I was excited to find out what her fave spot so far has been.


Favorite Vacation Spot

Photograph Courtesy of Sarah Tucker Photography

My husband and I have traveled all over the past year so you may think it is difficult for me to come up with my favorite. But nope, I can easily pin point my favorite vacation spot - Positano, Italy. Hands down. First of all, I am completely enamored by Italy. I lived in Milan as a child, and that is where my love affair began and hasn't stopped since. Positano is catch-your-breath beautiful. The scenery, food, atmosphere is all authentically Italian. It still feels pretty small even though more and more people know about it.



Where to Stay


We stayed in a Bed and Breakfast called the Villa Sofia, which was 45 euros a night! A steal for Positano. Although it is a crazy bus ride up and down to the villa, the view makes it all worth it.


If you want to spend and feel like a movie star, you need to stay at Le Sirenuse! Everything about this hotel just makes me swoon. You can also grab dinner or drinks there - which is what we did (:


What to Eat

[via]

Most meals here come with bruschetta to start off, whether you ask for it or not. There's something so good about the tomatoes in Italy so definitely take advantage of that. Other than that another speciality is Bruschetta Steak. If you want one of the best authentic Italian meals of your life then head to La Tagliata. Oh, and you've got try some of their Limoncello.



What to Do


I loved swimming in the Tyrrhenian Sea, indulging in Italian pasta, drinking mojitos, hiring a boat to Capri, and swimming in the grottos along the way.



Five Vacation Essentials

1. You're going to want a good camera to capture it all.

2. A cute bikini!

3. White linen, if you want to dress like the locals.

4. Chic Sunglasses

5. Sunscreen.



Packing Tips

Pack light! I packed dresses, a couple bikinis, and some pashminas.



Favorite Travelling Companion


My husband! He makes even the most uncomfortable traveling experiences fun. He also speaks Spanish, Italian and passable German.



Where You'd Like to Go Next

[via]

We're headed to Greece, Turkey, Scotland, and Sweden in 2011 for sure. And who knows where else the wind will blow us ( : !!


All images courtesy of Sarah Tucker unless otherwise noted.



Loving Sarah's Photos?
Be Sure to Check In Tomorrow
for a Fabulous February Giveaway!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...