Ikea's Glamorous Black Country Kitchen


I haven't posted much about the Interior Design show, but one of my fave booths (and an award winner) is the IKEA Dream Kitchen. I'm really impressed at how IKEA has stepped up their game lately, producing some really pretty and reasonably priced kitchens.

I would love a beautiful and functional island like this 25-foot
one in my kitchen. IKEA's island is covered in leathered granite.


While I tend towards lighter kitchens myself there is something darkly glamorous about these RAMSJO cabinets. "We participate in the Interior Design Show to reach out to the design community and challenge the way people view our product," says Madeleine Löwenborg-Frick, Public Relations Manager of IKEA Canada. "This year, we have featured a sexy new black modern country door style. This is a departure from the ultra-modern high gloss look we have shown in previous years."

Black Faucet: IKEA RINGSKAR



I think IKEA achieved a good mix between country and glam in this kitchen. While I love the look of open shelving, glass cabinets or hooks displaying pots, as seen here, I could never really incorporate them in my own kitchen. I would be way too obsessed with having everything look perfect. And I guess those pots at the top would have to be ones you don't use often.

What do you think about IKEA's black kitchen?



Images courtesy of IKEA Canada




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...