Gossip Girl 'The Wrong Goodbye' Episode and Fashion Recap



O.M.G.
W.T.F!?!

I thought the Gossip Girl season finale cliffhanger was going to be about whether Blair would choose Chuck or Louis, but it appears that the writers had something else altogether in store:

A baby Bass!


[via]


Sure, maybe they're leading me down the garden path and that abandoned pregnancy test was Darota's or something (grrr if that's the case), but it doesn't seem likely. And as far as we know Serena--surprisingly--hasn't boned anyone since forever. Which leaves Blair. If Louis' the father there's no fun in that, which means...

A Bass baby!

Blair accessorizes the Alexis Mabille Couture gown we saw
last episode with an Alberta Ferretti coat, Sequin earrings


I'm not really sure how much time elapsed between the Constance party and Darota cleaning out that trash can. At least enough time for Faux Charlie to Greyhound it to Miami. And did you see that twist coming? I, for one, did not. Wonder what kind of fresh hell Faux Charlie and Georgina have in store for Season Five and what will happen when Real Charlie shows up. Because you know she will.

Chuck's tux by Ralph Lauren
Shirt - Thomas Pink
Coat - Hugo Boss
Tie - Drake for Barney's
Shoes - Dior
 
So, okay, am I the only one who got teary eyed last night?
I mean, Chuck Bass actually sacrificing his own desires for Blair was just about too much. I do like the idea of Chuck and Nate spending the summer old school style and I think it's great that the writers have Blair and Dan continuing their friendship. The whole Chuck-and-Blair-I'll-love-you-forever breakup...*tear*

The snake print on Georgina's one-shouldered Marchesa
 is perfect for her, but it gives me the creeps.
Earrings - Sequin
Cuff - Kara Ross
Rings - Swarovski and Lia Sophia
Clutch - Carlos Falchi


I also thought Georgina was welcome comic relief last night. Not only did she have one of the best lines of the night ("I haven't been this bored since I believed in Jesus!") but I loved when she was all, "I missed you! You really get me!" to Serena. Not that its even plausible that Serena could understand her. I mean, that girl is just as dumb as a post and completely self absorbed. Faux Charlie was hanging out a window and Serena was still blathering on about Nate and Dan and Columbia. I think I actually blacked out a bit during that speech. And her whole I-Never-Make-My-Own-Decisions existential crisis? Blah.

No one cares Serena. No one cares.


Did you catch GG creator Cecily von Ziegesar's cameo?

And I guess Serena is going to become some kind of Hollywood mogul now? Of course. I almost expected Serena to end up in some kind of Breakfast at Tiffany's remake like in the books, instead we're to believe that not only has Serena read The Beautiful and Damned but can quote it from memory. Sometimes this show just kills me.


And Vanessa? Dead to me. DEAD.
At times I even felt bad for the girl and her horrible fashion choices but no more. Thank God she's disappearing herself--unfortunately its to one of my fave cities. 

Serena's bathing suit by Mara Hoffman
Denim Jacket - Rag and Bone
Necklace - Stephen Dweck
Bag - Bottega Veneta Hobo


Overall a bittersweet episodes with some really great moments. I thought Chuck's line about there being a "difference between a great love and a right love" was so apt and can be so true. Can't wait for next season!


Faux Charlie's gold Pamela Dennis Couture dress is
accessorized with an Alexis Bittar bangle, Double
Happiness earrings and a clutch by Nancy Gonzalez


Serena wore her coral Jenny Packham with Amirita
Singh Beatrice earrings, Diane von Furstenberg
Lytton clutch, and an M.C.L. snowflake cuff.


Raina's one-shouldered gown strikes me as a very Serena-type dress.
Asymmetrical draped chiffon gown by Matthew Williamson.
Screencap [via]


Updated:

[via]


The cherry-blossom print dress that Blair wears at
the end of the episode is by Balenciaga.






Serena's pink blouse/cardigan is by Twenty8Twelve, her blue
mini is Hervé Léger and her earrings are Oscar de la Renta [similar].





The gold espadrilles that Blair borrowed from Serena

What did you think of the episode?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...