A Roman Shade in the Powder Room

Even though our new house is brand new and never lived in we've managed to find quite a few renovation projects to delay our actual moving in. Potlights have been installed, we're swapping out the upstairs carpet in exchange for hardwood to match our main floor, we've got a custom made island and bookcase on the way, and we're in the process of choosing crown moulding. Choosing finishings and furnishings are still a work in progress.

The vanity looks like this with carrera marble top

The one room that seems to be coming along quite nicely, and (amazingly) under budget, is our powder room. While I had initially wanted to wallpaper the small space I think I'll hold off on that for now. I've been debating painting the walls black, but M prefers a darker grey, so I think we'll go with that.

If you'll remember we also bought a vanity, for which we now need to pick out a faucet. I'll be replacing the builder mirror and toilet paper dispenser, but I think we'll be keeping the toilet for now.

Light fixture looks something like this


I managed to score a sparkly light fixture for a great price to add some glam. Can't wait to see how it looks installed.

Now I just need to buy some pretty towels and eventually a piece of artwork, and I'm also thinking of installing a Roman shade. Which leads me to a decision as to what fabric to choose.


Black and White?

Michael Miller - Quatrefoils, Black

Braemore - Highland, Domino


Stick with the Grey?

Braemore - Emilio, Licroice

Flatiron, Grey



Or Add Some Colour?

Dwell Studio - Bella Porte, Citrine (also comes in Charcoal)

Dwell Studio - Boteh, Brindle

Pinwheel UBK

Maybe add some coral? Swavelle Mill Creek

P Kaufmann - Padna/CTW Lapis


What do you think?
I'd love to hear your opinion and please do tell
if you know of a fabric you think would work well!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...