Paula Abdul Quits American Idol ...Via Twitter


You can't do it more publicly than that folks. She didn't issue a press release or go through her agent or handler, nope she used twitter. Of course is wasn't your typical tweet either:

"With sadness in my heart, I’ve decided not to return to 'Idol' ...I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent,but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from Day 1 become an international phenomenon ... What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me ... It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month ... I do without any doubt have the BEST fans in the entire world and I love you all."

Before you conspiracy buffs weigh in, it's confirmed. Both Fox, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment confirmed Paula's announcement.

Sources close Abdul to indicate Paula wanted about $20 million to stay with American Idol. Unable to come to terms Paula rejected a 30% raise which would have resulted in an eight-figure multi-year deal. It's hard to imagine Paula would reject the offer and settle for nothing.

Thus ends the era of the original American Idol judges panel. Worse yet, the show loses it's last bastion of reality as Paula always brought a surprise element to the show which even Simon could not match.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...