The Who's Roger Daltrey to go on Solo Tour


While he and Pete Townshend take a break from their legendary rock band The Who, Roger Daltrey will be playing a few solo U.S shows to keep his voice in shape. He is calling it the "Use it or Lose it" tour, which will travel to 30 American and Canadian cities and kicks off on October 10.

The 65-year-old singer played a couple solo shows in 1994 to celebrate his 50th birthday, and the last time he seriously toured on his own was in 1985! Daltrey has released 8 solo albums, and has assured concert-goers that they can expect to hear his own songs alongside some re-worked Who classics. He says, "I'm looking forward to revisiting the solo songs. I'm not sure which ones will stand up live, but I'm confident that enough will. Being a solo singer also gives me the freedom to do songs from my outside influences. But I feel connected to all Who songs. I'm going to re-approach songs I haven't sung for a while and hope I can make them my own."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...