Miley Cyrus Sets Up Online Auction for Haiti

Teen superstar Miley Cyrus has organized an online auction to benefit Haiti featuring donations from many of her celebrity friends.

"Ever since the earthquake, I've been trying to do my part to help the people of Haiti – and I wanted to do more," Cyrus said.

The auction will begin on Feb. 8 at Ebay.com/Miley. Miley fans can bid on the Herve Leger dress the she wore to the Jan. 31 Grammy Awards and two tickets to the Hollywood premiere of her new film, The Last Song.

Several other celebrities have donated things for the auction. "My mom and I started calling and texting all of our friends to see if they’d like to be a part of the auction," Miley said. "Demi [Lovato] was one of the first to respond. Hugh Jackman was also excited to donate something."

Britney Spears gave the custom made silver Versace dress she wore to the 2008 MTV VMAs and Nicole Richie donated jewelry from her line House of Harlow. "I texted Nicole and right away she sent over some amazing jewelry and Joel [Madden] sent some of his clothes," Miley said.

All the proceeds from the auction will go to the American Red Cross to support the earthquake relief efforts in Haiti.

"I want to get people involved and show that even the little things you can do can make a difference," Miley said.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...