Gossip Girl 'Easy J' Episode and Fashion Recap

Marc by MJ top, Alice + Olivia skirt, LAI Claudia bag

Okay, I have three words: Juliet. Go. Now. Preferably on the same train hauling Jenny Humphrey's eyelined ass out of Manhattan. Pleaseandthankyou. This Juliet storyline is so convoluted and ridiculous, even by Gossip Girl standards, that I can't stand another minute of it. Come to think of it, I don't think I can take one more of Juliet's minidress + blazer combos either, although she did have a nice bag this episode. And now somehow Cab Guy is involved? So he's not hypnotized by S's maneater siren song, but is actually working to bring her down? Puhleeze. The worst part of it all is Juliet's a terrible liar. I mean, Nate's all like, "I'll swing by your prison class later, sweets," and Juliet is all like, "Oh! I know my phone didn't even make a sound, but, look!, I have a text. And my class is cancelled! See you later, gator." As schemers go she should be embarrassed.

More grey blazers...even though this one is an unexpected
Alex Wang paired with a McQueen McQ zipper dress, to-die-for
Ferragamo bag and grey Givenchy Plateau pumps. [via]

To the GG writers I'd just like to say Jenny for one episode only? Bless your little hearts. Because heaven knows I wouldn't have been able to take more of that. And if bringing Jenny back somehow facilitated this Blair-Chuck truce and starts us all on the road to healing then I can't completely hate on her. Oh, and was I the only one who thought Blair was all kinds of awesome this episode? Sure, sometimes her scheming is cringe worthy, but I thought she was pretty fly last night. And she looked great, too.

I wasn't loving this get up on Serena. I think I would
like the pieces better seperately. Embroidered Givenchy
vest and Tibi skirt paired with a zippered Porter Fall
2010 blouse and a Stephen Dweck cuff bracelet.

I'm also pretty glad that Blair is starting to realize that Chuck sleeping with Jenny was not the worst thing he's ever done to her. I mean, yeah, just thinking about anyone sleeping with Little J is pretty gross, but they were broken up at the time and it's not like someone like Chuck Bass would ever be able to do something that wasn't self destructive when he's hurting. Seriously, Blair should know this. I guess it wasn't fair to poor Darota to put all this on her--you just know the woman is going to pay for it later--but maybe Blair starting to see that a series of misadventures rather than deliberate bad behavior on Chuck's part lead to all this will help us all move beyond this point. Because I think that's what we need now, people. Healing. (I'll admit, I got a little misty there at the end). As Jenny mentioned Blair and Chuck together are indestructible, apart and scheming against one another, well, it's just not something I'm all that interested in seeing.


Some More Gossip Girl Episode 4.6 Fashion...

Blair looking flawless in nude Victoria Beckham
with a Tiffany clutch and Missoni peep-toe pumps.




Serena showed up to the party in a decidedly different look...

Boobalicious Serena in a Maxime Simoens and Haute
Hippie pants accessorized with a chevron-pattern Kotur
clutch and swoon worthy Brian Atwood T-Strap pumps.

I like the back of Serena's outfit. And we see another zippered dress this
time on Lily (who was impressive when she played mind ninja on S with all
 that reverse psychology) in Isaac Mizrahi, Devi Kroell wooden clutch and
a Stephen Dweck necklace of large clear beads. A question: Didn't Serena
 raid Lily's jewellery box? Are those studs all she could come up with?

Jenny in a one-shouldered black Pucci Fall 2010,
minidress, DV by Dolce Vita pumps, a Low Luv X
Erin Wasson Gladiator Cuff, Stephen Dweck Lapis
Scarab Ring and a Carlos Falchi envelope clutch. 

What is with Chuck's collar? Holy distracting, Batman.
Thankfully he undid the bow-tie when he went to talk to Blair.



Oh, and yay, on the cameos--Tim, Isaac, Ivanka (I love her
but I thought the fringed Naeem Khan dress was unfortunate).
What did you think of the episode? Fave outfit?



Photos by Giovanni Rufino/The CW ©2010 THE CW NETWORK



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...