Almost Moved In!

So it looks like after two months of intensive renovations (potlights, hardwood floors, staining stairs, painting, etc., etc.) and back-and-forth we'll be in the new house by week's end. To say I'm relieved is an understatement. My patience has surely been tested, especially by the several little problems and delays that have plagued us. None have been a big deal (a June table delivery delayed until August, our new door handles and hinges also delayed, a hood fan that I now have to find an extender for, a built-in cabinet that isn't yet perfect...) but I've admittedly been low on patience and its been annoying. Especially when all you want is to be in and enjoying your new home. Of course, in the big scheme of things these are all minor annoyances and well worth it in the end.

And it's not like after we move in there won't be any work. Ha. Fat chance. The aforementioned hood fan and delayed furniture deliveries (Sidenote: I've received great customer service so far from the place where I bought my table...a loaner should be in this week), not to mention getting the counter for our newly built island, finishing the powder room, eventually adding stone to the fireplace wall...but that can all come with time. The important thing is that, if all goes as planned, we'll be unpacking in the new house this week and that's all that really matters.

Then I promise--pictures! And maybe I can put away the take-out menus and actually cook a real meal on my new stove. How is your week going?


Takeout Menu Organizer via Z Gallerie (who I wish would ship to Canada!)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...