Book of the Week: Priceless


To be honest, when I received a copy of Nicole Richie's latest book, Priceless, to review I had no idea what to expect. In my experience the books of most celebrity authors aren't that compelling, still, I'm always up for a new read. I guess sometimes low expectations can help when reading a book, because I was definitely pleasantly surprised by Richie's second venture.

The novel centres around Charlotte Williams, a beautiful little rich girl who is more heart of gold than soulless spoiled brat. In a ripped straight from the headlines plot twist Charlotte's father is indicted for embezzlement and fraud, leaving Charlotte to face the wrath of his victims (including a crazed stalker) and pick up the pieces of her shattered life. Charlotte, however, doesn't crawl up into a ball and die. Instead she heads to New Orleans and her former nanny so that she can start over.


I'm not saying this is a perfect book. There are plot points that are far fetched, fanciful, and some that are quite predictable, still, Charlotte struck me as an endearing character. You wanted her to do well considering how the deck was stacked against her and I was admittedly interested to find out what man she would end up with. I found Priceless to be an optimistic read about the things that really matter in life that would fit well in any beach bag this summer.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...