What is She Wearing? Kate Middleton at Trooping the Colour, Prince Philip's Birthday & A Wedding

 I really don't know what this event is about, but I do know that I absolutely adore the white Alexander McQueen coatdress that Kate wore to the event. On a random note, the tartan blanket that Kate and Camilla shared in their carriage looked strangely like my high school kilt.

 Kate seems to be into a lot of white/cream recently.
Her black hat is by Sylvia Fletcher of James Lock and Co. [via]




 The coat is on sale at net-a-porter: now only $2,691.50!


In the afternoon Kate kept on the same black
Phillip Treacy hat while attending the wedding of
her friend Sam Waley-Cohen. [via]



Always frugal Kate has worn the black-and-white dress
 (which I believe is Zara) before to Boujis nightclub in 2007
with a thicker belt. Photo: Splash News



Kate's carrying the same black Anya Hindmarch Maud clutch she did when meeting the Obamas and the Links of London earrings she wore to the ARK Gala. Oh, and Pippa, WTF? There is so much wrong going on there and too Mother of the Bride-ish. The jacket doesn't even look like it fits. Not the right outfit for a girl who is reportedly newly single (and who didn't see that one coming?) 


Princess Beatrice (with beau Dave Clark) also shopped her closet.
She was seen wearing the same hat and purple blazer in 2009.
I do like her glitter clutch. Photo: PopSugar


Kate recycled another frock at the celebration of Prince Philip's birthday party. This time it was her blue brocade coat by Jane Troughton, which was first seen at the 2009 wedding of Nicolas van Cutsem. [via]

The Duchess updated the look by wearing it with blue hat and a dress that looks like the blue Zara dress that Kate wore when departing from Buckingham Palace the day after her wedding.

Of course, Kate also wore her trusty nude L.K. Bennett pumps. Can I just say that while I like how Kate was able to make an old piece new I'm not really feeling this ensemble. The cornflower blue coat is a bit fussy for my taste and I'm not liking the hat very much. [via]

Photo: Robin Bell/The Daily Mail


Later that night Kate wore a coral Stella McCartney that Madonna originally sported in 2008 at the amfAR Gala in Cannes, and which the Duchess bought at a Joseph sale prior to her wedding (according to Grazia, Kate bought the dress for  £305--it was originally £1425). While I love a bargain as much as the next girl I can't say I'm feeling this look. The wrinkles definitely don't help.


I do like it slightly better on Madonna.

What do you think of Kate's outfits?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...