Book of the Week: Spoiled

I had heard awhile back that The Fug Girls were coming out with a book and then promptly forgot all about it (that's happening to me a lot lately - ha). Then I was in Wal-Mart and was attracted to the cover of the book Spoiled. As soon as I realized it was the YA novel by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan I was sold. Things have been busy so I haven't had a chance to post about reading it yet, but if you like the Fug Girls' snappy humor and acerbic wit on their site then there's a good chance you'll like Spoiled too.

The premise of the novel is one we've seen before: anonymous small town girl finds out that her biological parent is a Hollywood superstar. The superstar's existing progeny gets jealous and sets out to make said small town girl's Tinseltown life a living hell. This is basically how things start out for Molly Dix when, after her mother's death, she finds out her father is Hollywood heavyweight Brick Berlin. Brick is well meaning, but often distracted and absent, leaving Molly to fend for and deal with her new sister Brooke all by herself.

For me what set this story apart from others like it is the writing style and the humor. Plus both Molly and Brooke are rather interesting characters and I'm looking forward to the continuation of their saga. Have you read Spoiled?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...